Team Training Weekend

Announcements from the Sport Department

Team Training Weekend

Postby FiPugh » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Team Training weekend
A training weekend with Karen Rasmussen will be held near Sturminster Newton, Dorset in on April 21st - 22nd. This weekend is aimed at the ambitious sport rider who is aiming for selection on the GB sport team at the World Championships in 2013 or 2015. Karen is known to many of you already, both at training sessions, as one of the selectors of the British Team, and as Team Leader of the British Team at last year’s World Championships in Austria. Team GB showed their best results ever, and we are delighted that Karen is prepared to help us again this year and next year. Facilities include indoor school, oval track and classroom. Cost around £150 per horse/rider combination. Anyone who could be interested should contact Fi (fi@oldhillsicelandics.co.uk) now.
FiPugh
Trustee

Re: Team Training Weekend

Postby Emma Stanley » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:48 am

Hi Fi

Its unlikely i'll be able to drive by then, but if someone would like to give me a lift i'd love to come & spectate :-)

Emma
Emma Stanley
Trustee

Re: Team Training Weekend

Postby FiPugh » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:30 am

An extremely positive Team Training session took place the weekend before last, thanks to Mike and Elizabeth Adams who offered the use of their exceptional facilities, and to Karen Rasmussen, who travelled from Denmark to offer help, advice and encouragement to all the participants. It was encouraging to have two youth riders amongst our number, Robyn and Sandy, who both demonstrated that they have the level of skills and commitment to be a positive addition to the British Sport Team at future international events. The standard of horses participating shows that Britain is raising its game both in Sport and in Breeding. Well done to everyone who took part, and thank you, again, to our generous hosts.
FiPugh
Trustee

Return to Sport